TDL Equipment’s material handlers and grabs play their part in helping the environment, by contributing to the end of life vehicle recycling industry.

The End of Life Vehicle Recycling Industry came about as a Directive of the European Union addressing the end of life for automotive products. Every year, motor vehicles which have reached the end of their useful lives create between 8 and 9 million tonnes of waste in Europe alone. In 1997, the European Commission adopted a Proposal for a Directive to tackle this problem.
According to definitions laid out in the Waste Framework Directive, it is primarily the customer’s will which designates a given vehicle an end-of-life vehicle. However, in certain cases a vehicle is considered end-of-life simply due to the condition it is in.
Today, with material prices on the rise, end-of-life vehicles are considered a valuable resource for many different materials rather than waste. A vehicle irrespective of its age and its weight, is made out of approximately 75% of metals both ferrous and non-ferrous with the non-ferrous steadily increasing. The remaining 25% of the vehicle weight result from tyres, fluids and other compound materials.

The End of Life Vehicles Recycling Industry creates environmental efficiencies

This means that the end of life vehicle recycling industry can contribute 75% of recycled materials back into industry and Atlas material handlers certainly play their part. This industry has brought increasing levels of value to the wider British economy in recent years by achieving greater efficiencies. Improved efficiencies means a greater percentage of vehicles being recycled rather than sent to landfill. TDL Equipment operate at the very heart of the end of life vehicle industry by supplying the highest quality material handlers to contribute to that industry. TDL supply the Atlas range of material handlers available with a wide range of compatible grabs to suit.

Atlas material handlers are engineered to graft, the undercarriage can be configured for your exact requirements with 4 outriggers for excellent stability and high lifting capacity, with 2 outriggers and dozer blade for yard cleaning and high log stacking. A large selection of boom options provide versatility, with some options specifically for indoor work, industrial and adjustable booms with varying grabs make the Atlas material handlers versatile.

End of Life Vehicles Recycling

As well as the end of life vehicle industry, Atlas material handlers can be found on scrap yards nationwide. The robust and expertly engineered design provide the reliability and productivity needed for scrap metal recycling. Atlas material handling excavators make light work of processing all types of scrap metal.

We have over 20 years experience in supplying the well trusted Atlas brand, supplying expertly engineered material handling machines and excavators to the waste and scrap industries, rail and drainage board sectors.

We believe that helping you to select the right piece of equipment to keep your business running is only a small part of the story. With a responsive and helpful Service and Parts department you can be sure that we will be working with you across Great Britain, whenever and wherever you need us.


For any queries or assistance about our material handlers, please contact us on 08444 99 44 99 or